Classes of hosting services
A hosting service entails hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a server managed by a web hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a peek at these. Thus, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you desire to set up a web portal, mail address accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution offered by some companies, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are frequently supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the load between autonomous bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a huge number of pics with friends or colleagues since the solution is mostly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mails. Some suppliers offer hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many videos as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At HOST4TOKENS.COM, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for particular web content exclusively.